Update - Autumn Term 2014
Detailed below is an update of all the activities the School Council have been involved in during the Autumn Term.
- The classes voted and chose the new council members. During our first meeting we decided on the roles and responsibilities of our school council members. This information is displayed outside the hall. There is also an 'ideas' box that all the children are encouraged to use. The school council then check this at the beginning of every term and discuss the ideas that have been posted.
- The parent and governor liaison council members attended the Parents' Forum to introduce themselves.
- The school council met with Ms Lewis to discuss things that needed to be addressed within the school. We are going to create a questionnaire to ask all the pupils what they think of our school curriculum.
- Two of the Year 5 school council members went to a joint school council meeting at St Cyres School, where we discussed lots of interesting things, including extra-curricular activities and ideas for a charitable community cause.
- We held a stall at the school fair and did a great job of raising over £30.00.
- Vaughan Gething came to meet with us and discussed the things we do within the school. He asked us if he could attend our next next joint school council meeting at St Cyres and also invited us to visit the Welsh Assembly building so that we can see where he works. It was very interesting.
Vaughan Gething with Fairfield School Council and Ms Lewis